5 months ago
Supervises, coordinates and controls, through crew chiefs or directly as required, employees engaged in servicing facilities or ground maintenance equipment. Provides general shift supervision and resolves operating problems during tour of duty. Interprets company policy and procedures, plans the utilization of manpower and monitors the quality of work performance. Assures the adherence to company safety standards. Trains crew chiefs in the proper performance of their duties and checks for continued optimum performance. Maintains discipline and assures compliance with AA rules and regulations. Coordinates training, hires, disciplines and discharges employees. Areas of responsibility include day-to-day operation and repairs, service, modification and preventive maintenance of facilities or ground maintenance equipment in accordance with company policies and standards. Provides technical assistance to subordinates in troubleshooting and resolving maintenance problems. Assists in budget preparation and monitors compliance.
* General knowledge of maintenance trades such as electrician, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC or automotive experience required.
* Prior management experience in large maintenance department using technical abilities in the methods of maintaining and repairing facilities and equipment is required.
* Knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
* Required to pass environmental coordinator training.
* Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.
* Must be able to lead and motivate employees in working as a team.
* Must be decisive and be able to work under demanding operational conditions in a stressful environment.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership, initiative and judgment.
* Must demonstrate strong administrative and analytical abilities.
* Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance to AA safety guidelines.
* Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
* Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and days-off.
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas.
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 13664
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Facilities, Manager, Electrician, HVAC, Operations, Management, Engineering