13 days ago
The area of responsibility includes Facility Maintenance, Fueling, Project Management and Emergency Response and may be relied upon to provide support to above and below wing operations. Individual will have the key responsibility as the Station Lead Environmental Coordinator to ensure compliance form an overall station level. Our operation is slated to move to a new terminal in 2020. Therefore over the next few years, the successful candidate needs to possess the skills, knowledge and experience important to a successful terminal design development and ability to work well with all departments, corporate real estate, airport authority and other stake holders.
Facility Maintenance - Operational
Lead a team of Facility Mechanics to ensure proper infrastructure is maintained, improved, relocated, etc. within in code and to internal customer satisfaction. Interprets specifications, blueprints, and/or job orders to workers and assigns duties. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge. Recommends measures to improve production methods, performance, and the quality of the product, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency. Ensure adherence of company safety standards.
Facility Maintenance - Administrative
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers. Determines procedures, work schedules, and expedites workflow. Issue written and oral instructions. Assigns duties and examines work for completeness and conformance to policies and procedures. Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of team members. Prepare composite reports from individual reports of mechanics. May perform or assist mechanics in performing duties. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals. Ensure compliance with all operations, AA safety, FAA, environmental and other government requirements
Job Description (Continued)
Lead Environmental Coordinator
Responsible for the stations Environmental compliance for federal, state, local and company level. Delegate environmental tasks to the team members (Department ECs and Spill ECs) to address the Station’s environmental requirements. Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
Work with Environmental Specialists at HDQ - informing them of new local regulations, gathering information as requested, assisting with internal assessments, construction projects, and remediation projects.
Maintain station’s Environmental Business Plan – perform semi-annual review & updates, maintain records in station’s SharePoint folder, perform the duties of the Emergency Coordinator.
Manage station’s Spill Response Program – ensure spills are properly managed, review SOSReports or Spill Form after a spill, report spills to HDQ and agency as needed, record spills in the Spill Table.
Manage station’s Waste Program – coordinate hazardous waste shipments, coordinate disposal of medical & non-hazard waste, complete and file hazardous waste manifests.
Manage environmental permit requirements – perform recordkeeping & reporting tasks, manage operational tasks as stated in permits.
Maintain MSDS inventory in MSDSpro – oversee the Chemical Product Control Program.
Manage the annual EPCRA chemical inventory.
Ensure updates occur as changes occur – station’s 911 star record / EC contact info.
Manage station’s recycling/waste minimization program.
Participate in airport authority environmental meetings.
Complete Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly Annual and Biennial tasks related to reports, fees, SWPPP, SPCC, permit renewals and fee submission, air quality, storage tanks, hazardous waste.
Monitor lost time and administer the Attendance Control Policy. Investigates discrepancies and compiles statistical data for compliance purposes. Conduct investigations and, when necessary, dismiss employees for performance or attendance issues. Create successful shift bids.
Ensure that both into Plane and GSE fueling vendors maintain quality service. Monitor operational safety practices, billing, and compliance with audit requirements.
* Basic knowledge relating to cabinetry used in an airport and airline environment which includes airport millwork, and owner specific millwork. Knowledge on properly maintaining cabinetry and millwork. (Slides, handles, materials, assembly systems, cable management, etc.)
* Basic commercial construction knowledge (not residential)
* Basic knowledge of building codes as related to Airports and commercial construction
* Basic knowledge relating to waste management and plumbing - including code requirements
* Basic knowledge relating to electrical systems (high and low voltage) and code requirements
* Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Facilities Maintenance operation.
* Knowledge of all aspects of passenger and ramp operation a plus.
* Must be able to select, train, guide, and motivate employees.
* Above average written and oral communication and interpersonal skills is required.
* College degree in Business, Industrial Management commensurate experience is required.
* Capability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
* Working knowledge of PC's and software applications.
* Budgeting experience is a plus.
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA).
* Able to become a certified Ground Security Coordinator (GSC).
* Able to become a Lead Environmental Coordinator.
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 16134
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Facilities, Manager, Developer, Electrical, Air Quality, Operations, Management, Engineering, Technology