Position Title: Supervisor IT
The Supervisor IT performs a lead role in managing the execution of strategic and tactical solutions for the designated business areas. The Supervisor is responsible for planned initiatives, projects, and maintaining operational stability. The Supervisor leads, coaches and develops a team of crewmembers focused on solution delivery and/or operational support. The Supervisor will be involved in operational support of all solutions and or applications within scope of responsibility.
The Supervisor is comfortable with maintaining a public profile and building relationships throughout the organization. The Supervisor is also able to change priorities and focus to meet business demands, excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun.
Supervise the relationship with our business's functional area leaders and oversees the delivery of IT solutions to support the business functions the supervisor is aligned to and ensures that clear and concise requirements are understood and agreed service levels are maintained
Partner with the IT Manager to deliver an IT Strategy and an annual plan to support the business functions aligned to the area of responsibly including a solution and or application roadmap
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and reporting a financial and resource plan for their area of responsibility.
- Act as the escalation point for operational support to assigned portfolio applications with around the clock accessibility
- Support applications / solutions to maintain operational stability
- Assist in managing the service desk queue to ensure a positive crewmember experience.
- Ensure work practices and standards and procedures are in line with all audit, security, and regulatory requirements company policies
- Partner with other teams across IT to ensure alignment and drive efficiencies
- Provide direct or indirect oversight of delivery teams for applicable portfolio initiatives
- Take a significant role in leading and coaching direct team and/or indirect Crewmembers to support the engagement, growth and development of Succession plan for the IT department
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Two (2) years demonstrated proficiency in IT Infrastructure, single sign-on, network, IT security, server types, virtualization, storage area networks, datacenter tools, processes and software.
- Experience with MS-SQL databases and Directory Services
- Two (2) years’ experience with application presentation platforms such as Citrix
- Strong understanding of DR and HA solutions and their use
- Available for overnight travel (up to 10%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education
- Four (4) years of experience in server and datacenter technologies
- Managing a budget
- Supervising a full project or initiative, including presenting recommendations to senior leadership
- Thorough knowledge of business function and thorough knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies
- Exposure to JetBlue's IT disciplines and interdependencies
- Exposure to JetBlue's business units and how their needs drive IT strategy
- Working on enterprise-wide budget process
Regular attendance and punctuality
Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
Organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.