3 months ago
Manager Line Maintenance
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Supervisor Line Maintenance supervises and manages aircraft maintenance and ensures that it is accomplished with an emphasis on safety, productivity, reliability, and budget.
Scope & Complexity
- position supervises line maintenance activities for Alaska Airlines (AS).
- Supervises and manages aircraft maintenance and ensures that it is accomplished with an emphasis on safety, productivity, reliability, and budget.
- Ensures efficient and economical performance of the line maintenance functions while on duty.
- Adheres to and enforces company policies and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Communicates with the Shift Manager, On-Duty Maintenance Control regarding the status of aircraft at or transitioning to/from the station.
- Ensures all scheduled line maintenance work is accomplished in accordance with the plan for assigned station.
- Reviews all logbook items to ensure discrepancies are corrected to prevent recurring write-ups.
- Monitors inspection forms, work orders, and all paperwork as well as inventory to ensure the prompt requisition of materials.
- Checks the accuracy of all log sheets.
- Accurately estimates maintenance delays and advises others of delays.
- Enforces all safety rules and encourages and promotes safety awareness to all assigned personnel.
- Complies with the provisions of the AMFA Agreement and address any concerns or issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with Aircraft Systems and an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues.
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant licenses.
- Knowledge of FAA regulations and company procedures.
- Knowledge of AMFA contract application and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people and communicate effectively (e.g., verbal, written, listening).
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 2 years of supervisory/ management experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- An Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree, or two years of college classes, is preferred.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: January 20, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.