6 months ago
Supervisor, Logistics (Evening Shift)-MON14426
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Lead a team of unionized employees on the evening shift who are part of three distinct classifications: Transportation, Expedition (internally) and Stores;
- Ensure Transport operators perform the requested movements of parts and aircraft according to operational requirements and/or master schedule;
- Ensure Expeditors support the availability of parts at each workstation in their sector to avoid line stoppages;
- Ensure Storemans manage inventory of parts and tools according to established parameters;
- Ensure improvement of business processes and solutions within the team to ensure on-time delivery of parts to production positions;
- Actively participate in improvement projects (ex. Achieving Excellence System, 5S, Lean manufacturing, cost reduction, etc.);
- Consolidate various analyses in order to present to management the status of opportunities and/or issues within the team;
- Develop positive relationships with internal stakeholders, as well as coach the members of your team in the development of these relationships;
- Ensure overall governance within the team and effective transition between shifts.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a college or university degree in a field related to Operation Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Management (or equivalent) in a recognized University;
- You have at least five (5) years of working experience in operations or logistics in a manufacturing environment;
- You have management experience with unionized employees (an asset);
- You have the ability to work with minimum supervision, be a team player, self-motivated, and demonstrate initiative as well as leadership, and good interpersonal skills;
- You are able to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities;
- You have good organizational & planning skills;
- You have excellent communication skills in French and English (written and oral);
- You are proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 01.09.2017, 9:19:19 PM
16.09.2017, 3:59:00 AM