5 months ago
*** Weekend Shift Opening ***
* Coordinates and liaises with 1st shift and 2nd shift to ensure proper communication of all requirements.
* Plans day-to-day operations, assigns manpower, authorizes overtime and controls costs in accordance with the plans the Operations Manager for each area has established
* Monitors throughout yields on a daily basis; makes adjustments as necessary to maintain delivery schedules.
* Coordinates and liaises with operations, finance, Operations Excellence, supply chain, and engineering to ensure operations standards and goals are achieved.
* Establishes, implements, and/or follows policies and procedures needed to achieve the business unit's strategic operating goals.
* Assists in performing capacity planning for equipment, floor space and manpower requirements in accordance with forecasted workload.
* Responsible for problem solving with few resources on the off shift; have the ability to maximize resources available and know how to properly communicate and escalate to achieve goals.
* Builds and develops team approaches to problem solving and continuous improvement concepts within the assigned area.
* Produces and maintains measures of performance to graphically display performance-related strengths and weaknesses within the cells and the shift.
* Performs administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the cell, including the selecting of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the cell.
* May participate in the business unit management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
* Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
* May perform cell operations tasks as required, depending on business needs and technical qualifications.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
* Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
* Working knowledge of company instructions, company processes, administrative policies and procedures, and export compliance regulations.
* Product knowledge of respective business segment is beneficial.
* College degree in engineering, business administration or related discipline (CIM, CPIM, APICS); or equivalent is a plus
* Several years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or production environment is a plus.
* Strong logistics and problem solving abilities is critical to the role
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.