6 months ago
Supplier Performance Management Analyst
Post Begin Date
58-Supply Chain Management
Important Job Details
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Provides reporting and analytical support to the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Department. Responsible for monitoring the performance of suppliers against contractual requirements or market norms in order to cut costs, alleviate risks, and drive continuous improvement. It includes the monitoring/management of actual performance, identification of performance gaps, and agreement of actions to achieve desired performance levels
* Monitors supplier health by collecting supplier performance data (i.e. Delivery, Quality, Service/Support, Value… ) from varied sources and analyzes their performance against contractual commitments and/or SWA expectations. Typically the analysis is presented in the form of a supplier scorecard.
* Coordinates and Leads supplier Business Reviews where scorecards are presented to SCM Leaders, supplier representatives and other stakeholders. At the reviews, performance issues are discussed, along with potential root causes, and improvement plans are developed and managed.
* Provide Category/Sourcing Managers support in the form of: ad-hoc data analysis requests, contractual language recommendations, and supplier profile generation.
* Provides assistance to commodities groups by creating scorecards for assigned suppliers (low to average spend, low to average profile)
* Plans and executes productive and informative business review meetings with some direction/oversight
* Prepares presentations for business review meetings, balancing an eye for detail with a view of the larger, more strategic picture
* Proficiently uses tools to view and capture data and complete analyses to build supplier scorecards
* Ensures scorecards reflect necessary data by conducting a regular and complete review with internal and external Stakeholders
* Determines if contractual work is completed on time according to terms and if penalties are due, supports claims management process
* Willing to try new approaches and find alternatives in order to fine-tune/improve processes
* Proactively offers feedback and suggestions for process improvements including modification of tools
* Assists Sr Analysts and Leader in executing new process improvement initiatives
* Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
* May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* BA or BS degree or equivalent experience required.
* Degrees in Supply Chain, Finance, or Technology preferred.
* Two years of experience overall in an analytical or data-centric environment, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Technology.
* One plus years work experience with data analysis tools (i.e. Intermediate Excel, MS Access, SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or equivalent).
* One plus years work experience with visualization tools (i.e. Intermediate Excel, Tableau).
* Lean, Six Sigma, PMP or CPM is a plus
* Ability to perform work duties from desk/office work area for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Uses effective written and verbal communication to demonstrate growth in knowledge and experience in contracts, supplies, and suppler performance methodology
* Remains sensitive and respectful of others’ needs when delivering tough messages
* Follows through on commitments; is seen as reliable and truthful
* Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options; seeks guidance from others at times
* Remains calm and productive, even when balancing multiple stakeholders
* Asks questions to accurately analyze situations, with some input from more senior Team Members
* Demonstrates persistence and tenacity in the face of challenging situations
* Pushes self to meet commitments even in face of challenges or limited resources
* Ensures understanding of success criteria for objectives; achieves success consistently with some guidance
* Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Refer a FriendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS