30 days ago
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
1. Develops KPI's, data collection and analytics for supply chain team improvement.
2 Provide analytical support to the supply chain, business and value stream teams by conducting analysis, preparing reports and coordinating supply chain projects.
3. Additional responsibilities across all facets of supply chain in an analyst capacity
1. Identifies common raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications. Ensures accurate item master schedules and bill of materials.
2. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
3. Confirms materials supply is available to meet demand. Prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts to support master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements. Coordinates material movements between internal work and storage areas and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
4. Schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders and/or stock transfers to meet customer shipping dates. Projects hardware availability for assembly build schedule update and development of monthly sales plan objectives.
5. Analyzes inventory usage, scrap, and waste, and identifies and quantifies potential problems and causes that would impact the ability to achieve inventory level objectives.
6. Advises and assists management in resolving problems concerning overshipments, shortages, engineering changes, and cancellation of orders. Monitors component shortage status. May prepare detailed layouts of component shortage requirements on assigned programs over three-month horizon.
7. Maintains configuration control on all open orders and appropriate data files as required by division policies and procedures.
8. Coordinates cross-functional activities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Contract Administration to ensure a smooth flow of materials through the production process and consistent information regarding status and priorities.
9. Recommends changes to improve product or process efficiency and/or reduce cost using continuous improvement principles.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical and/or trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
11. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with policies and procedures in Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM).
12. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Ensures performance to the master production schedule to achieve division objectives for customer service, inventory levels, and configuration management. Plans, prepares, issues, and controls basic production schedules and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
Obtained undergrad or graduate degree in Business Administration or related filed achieved on or after July 1, 2017
Proof of 3.2 GPA in field of study, 3.0 GPA overall
Clear, professional communications, both written and verbal
Proven ability to be a team player, readiness to take initiative, get involved and do what it takes to accomplish the goal
Proven track record of leading a student organization or charity
Proven ability to deal with conflicting deadlines, difficult situations and people
Committed to achieving the CPIM national certification
Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
Strong analytical background with proven ability to manipulate/summarize data and draw conclusions.
Knowledge of general manufacturing and business operations and key manufacturing resources planning theories and principles including continuous improvement methods (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT).
General knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to production control.
General knowledge of manufacturing resource planning systems and standard business application software.
Ability to research and analyze data and develop recommendations or resolve problems by drawing on internal information and referring to prior decisions.
Ability to work with only general work direction and instructions regarding the scope of assignments and determine priority and order of assignments.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and policies.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
How To Apply
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Requisition #8150. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is strongly recommended.
This position is located in Irvine, CA.