5 months ago
Supply Chain Commodity Mgt, Sr. Analyst
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 49868BR Date posted 06/08/City Vergennes
Country United States
UTC Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $14 billion.
Sensors & Integrated Systems, a business unit of UTC Aerospace Systems, is leading provider of cutting-edge sensors and sensor-based systems for the commercial aerospace and defense industries including electronic flight bags, air data systems, ice detection and protection systems, fuel measurement and management systems, guidance navigation and control systems, health and usage management systems, rescue hoists, mission data recorders and sensing suites for aircraft engines.
SIS is headquartered in Burnsville, MN and has 4 reporting segments:
• Air Data, MEMs and Flight Management Systems (AMFMS) with locations in MN and India
• Inertial, Control and Aircraft Management Systems (ICAMS) with locations in UK, CT and VT
• De-icing, Rescue and Specialty Systems (DRSS) with locations in CA, OH, WV and France
• Fire Protection Systems (FPS) with locations in NC, Germany, France and UK
United Technologies Aerospace Systems is looking for Commodity Manager to join our Sensors and Integrated Systems business Unit in Vergennes, VT. This position is responsible for electronics commodities. Key areas of responsibility include:
* Support long term agreement negotiations with the central United Technologies Aerospace Systems organization.
* Provide support to business unit location needs and ensure alignment with the strategic sourcing review board; supporting development of suppliers and commodity strategies.
* Ensure alignment with business unite make/buy strategy.
* Address systemic and critical supply issues (in concert with supplier performance team), including for repairs associate with production long term agreements.
* Drive cost savings projects. Participating in the P3 and P4 transition process.
* Support new product introduction purchase order placement, sourcing decisions, achievement of targeted cost.
* Supports cost summits, reports on payables, coordinates setting of standard costs and PPV analysis.
* Supports standards exercise (cost analyst).
* Completes inventory analysis, slide deck presentations, supplier health assessments for critical and key suppliers, supply chain metrics for specified commodities, customer specific reporting, cost and project tracking and drives for consistence in data reporting.
2+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management role.
Proven project management skills involving multiple simultaneous projects across different sites.
Aerospace experience strongly preferred.
Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).
Exposure to ERP systems, SAP preferred.
Strong interpersonal skills including excellent oral and written communication
Comfortable working in cross-functional teams fast paced project environment
* Quick learner with the aptitude to learn more and drive change.
* Self-directed, strong organization skills with a demonstrated ability to work with remote teams
BA/BS degree w/4-7+ years experience
MA/MS degree w/2–5+ years experience
PhD degree w/0–2+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.