|Job Title:||Supply Chain Manager I - Kansas City|
|Exempt / Non-Exempt:||Exempt
|External Description:||SUMMARY: Manage, direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in Supply Chain Support functions within Aviation Technical Services (ATS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties include the following items:
• Communicate all Company initiatives and support continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the organization.
• Participate in executing corrective action, resolution of discrepancies to ATS Quality Assurance, Customer Quality Assurance, and/or the FAA for findings issued against the department during an internal or external audit.
• Responsible for assessing departmental financial needs including man-hours, equipment supplies, etc. Assist with developing the yearly budget and responsible for adhering to the budget.
• Responsible for scheduling and held accountable for adhering to project deadlines.
• Provide internal customer service.
• Develop, recommend and implement policy changes related to records, audit, data entry, A/C purchasing, planning, corrective action, etc.
• Document procedures relative to department practices, operations, systems, policies and procedures, make recommendations for improvements.
• Develop and facilitate training programs for purchasing agents, including general purchasing practices, audit, records, data entry, planning, corrective action, etc.
• Monitor and report on capital construction project schedules, progression and expenditures.
• Work in conjunction with the Maintenance Managers and Supervisors to coordinate effective parts flows in accordance with customer aircraft maintenance schedules and processes. Communicate and work closely with Material Logistics and Stores on material and tooling issues.
• Work in conjunction with all departments to coordinate purchasing activities for capital assets, supplies, and general materials and services as required.
• Conduct weekly crew meetings, support periodic department meetings and submit status reports as required.
• Communicate and coordinate directly with on-site customer representatives, inventory planners, maintenance planners, department managers and supervisors, concerning all issues relating to A/C purchasing functions and other support functions.
• Accountability for area or shift operation including staffing, budget and customer satisfaction.
• Determine objectives, focus and priorities of the area and build group momentum to accomplish.
• Work with Human Resources regarding corrective action.
• Responsible for providing guidance to personnel when resolving technical and procedural issues, and to provide proper customer service to other departments.
• Regular and prompt attendance.
• Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Some travel may be required.
• Establish new supplier relations as required to support business activities.
Direct and reassign support manpower in response to workload requirements. Hire, evaluate, and terminate employees. Review and approve budgets and expenditures.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, interviewing and training; development of technical and leadership skills; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Carry out primary responsibility in educating, preventing and managing safety in the workplace. Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers, including word processors, and spreadsheets as well as office equipment.
• Ability to accurately understand and use all arithmetic calculations used within a business financial scope.
• Good understanding of Supply Chain Management.
• Demonstrated human relation skills, negotiation skills, and reasoning ability.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• AA degree AND three years related experience to include supervisory experience OR equivalent combination or education and experience. BA/BS preferred.
• Leadership training as required by company policy
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Normal business office and warehouse conditions generally prevail. The noise level is usually low to moderate. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, or open area. Floor may be carpeted or bare.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at anytime. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at anytime.