2 months ago
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced Senior Systems Design & Integration Specialist to join the Global IT Infrastructure Services organization in either Charleston, South Carolina or Seattle, Washington. To be successful in this role you should be highly motivated with excellent communication, operational and technical leadership skills to support the Network Infrastructure Services (NIS) organization. Our mission is to provide flexible, scalable, standard and reliable network products and services globally that are secure and position Boeing to have a competitive and sustained business advantage.
NIS provides the connectivity infrastructure that enables all internal Boeing applications and line of business delivery systems to integrate, communicate, and pass data from point to point throughout the company and beyond. The Boeing Enterprise Network is designed with external access opportunities and the ability to connect directly to customers, partners, and suppliers.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides consultation and technical leadership to identify, evaluate and document complex computing system requirements. Applies expertise related to the architecture, design, build and test delivery systems and components.
• Provides technical leadership support and consultation for the implementation and usage of complex delivery systems.
• Participates in a team environment to develop Network Architecture direction for the intranet and internet components of the Boeing Enterprise Network. Applies knowledge of Network Architecture and network technologies, systems engineering practices, and network design to support IT delivery systems focusing on Domain Name Services and IP Address Registry.
• Works closely with application developers and other system designers (such as desktop, server, storage, and security) to provide an integrated IT delivery system.
• Writes and reviews technical statements of work, and evaluates supplier proposals.
• Leads and coordinates insertion of new network technologies including test and evaluation, implementation planning, coordination with other subsystems, and financial trade-offs for strategic multi-technology projects. Leads others to identify, evaluate and document core network services requirements.
• Leads activities to architect, design, build and test delivery systems and components. Provides technical leadership to evaluate product usability, affordability, functionality, security and performance for integration into delivery system environments.
• Leads individuals and teams to resolve technical conflicts. Provides technical support and consultation for the implementation and usage of complex delivery systems.
• Provides technical briefings to and interacts with senior managers and executives to bridge between the technical community and the management community. Understands system design and integration processes and how changes to the system would affect the different layers of the OSI model.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Experience in a technical leadership role.
* Experience working with corporate network infrastructure and related technologies/architectures to include the following:
o Network and Data Center connectivity
o IPAM, DNS and DHCP implementations and usages.
o IP Address block management and registry
* Ability to effectively direct Project Management resources as required.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Experience identifying requirements for complex systems by interacting with business partners, computing architects, delivery systems analysts, suppliers and others.
* Experience architecting and designing complex systems and/or components that meet requirements necessary to design delivery systems, products or services.
* Experience leading development of complex delivery systems and/or components.
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Knowledge and experience working DDI – DHCP, DNS & IPAM
* Knowledge and experience working with mobility initiatives
* Knowledge and experience working with Cloud technologies
* Knowledge and experience working with Global and Regional Internet Registry systems
* Experience working with IPv6 and DHCPv6
* Experience working with Infoblox appliances
* Experience integrating external resources into the corporate network
Technical Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Contingent Upon Program Award