13 days ago
The Boeing Strategic Missile Defense System's Quality organization is seeking an experienced Quality Inspector.
Position Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
Use and interpret DoD, NASA and Boeing blueprints, specifications, directives, documents, manuals, inspection plans and other similar information pertaining to Quality Assurance.
Set up and operate measuring instruments and equipment necessary to accomplish work assignments.
Follow inspection and statistical sampling procedures to accept or reject materials and adjust inspection levels.
Interpret statistical process control charts and coordinate corrective actions and adjustments with quality engineering.
Move materials from place to place within the work area. This material can include not only parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies, but also tools, jigs, equipment, documentation, and other supplies as necessary for inspection and or assembly/test of products. This may include the packaging or unpackaging of raw material and/or finished products.
Setup equipment and perform tests on various products and assemblies using manual, semi-automatic, or automated test devices.
Witness, evaluate, certify and record certification testing data and maintain personal certifications as work requires.
Inspect incoming and outgoing shipments for proper identification, quantity, damage, packaging, paperwork, shipping instructions, and perform appropriate dimensional, composition, non-destructive, destructive and electrical/electronic inspection.
Review recurring discrepancies to ascertain cause and corrections required.
Review completed inspection records to assure compliance with pertinent written directives and other program direction.
Conduct internal reviews to assure compliance with the Quality Manual and other procedures such as Quality Instructions, Sampling Plans and Operating Procedures.
Prepare and edit reports for approval by supervision.
Assist Manufacturing QA Manager in continuous process improvement efforts.
Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Maintain licenses, permits and certifications required to perform assigned work.
Perform other duties as assigned within general job classification.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Quality Inspector experience.
* Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications.
* Experience setting up equipment and performing tests on various products and assemblies using manual, semi-automatic, and/or automated test devices.
* Experience performing dimensional, composition, non-destructive, destructive and/or electrical/electronic inspections.
* Experience with gathering data and performing a Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
* Experience in data/file management (e.g. ability to organize, sort, label, scan, and otherwise manipulate paper and electronic inspection records as required).
* Quality or technician experience in a NASA Space programs or a related Space or Defense program.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
High School degree required. Two year technical or Community College degree preferred.
Contingent Upon Program Award