3 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is recruiting for an entry level System Requirements, Verification and Integration Engineer - GMD Systems Engineering and Integration - Level (1) in the Huntsville location.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security business provides and supports large-scale systems that combine sophisticated communications networks with air-, land-,sea- and space-based platforms for military, government and commercial customers around the world. As part of that business, the Huntsville team executes significant portions of a number of defense programs, including the Ground-based Midcourse Defense System (GMD). The GMD System is the first and only operationally deployed missile defense program to defend the homeland against long-range ballistic missile attacks. The system provides early detection and tracking during the boost phase, midcourse target discrimination, precision intercept and destruction of inbound ICBMs through force of hit-to-kill technology. As prime contractor, Boeing is designing, producing, integrating, testing and sustaining all GMD components.
The selected individual will support and perform systems engineering tasks associated with requirements rationale and development, the verification of system and subsystem requirements and system integration of components into the larger system. Verification and Integration Systems Engineer
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Support development of verification objectives and strategies
· Identify appropriate data for verification closure packages
· Obtain and evaluate verification data
· Support test requirements development
· Provide support for planning and execution of technical reviews
· Support the Risk Management Process
· Coordinate with suppliers on requirements, interfaces and verification planning with support from technical lead(s)
Additional Responsibilities Include:
Development of integration plans and strategies, participation in cross-functional teams, integrating data and analyses from multiple sources, providing inputs to analysis plans, documenting engineering analyses and assessments, preparing and presenting briefing charts, providing task status and tracking metrics.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Security Clearance: US – Interim Secret with ability to obtain full Secret after start – US Citizenship Required
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
· Systems engineering experience developing verification objectives or verification closure packages for an aerospace product.
· Experience resolving technical issues involving multiple functional areas or IPTs.
· Understanding of risk management processes.
· Understanding of Research, Design, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) cycles within a program and the use of incremental design reviews for product maturity milestones.
· Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills.
· Ability to read schematics, understanding of drawing standards, drawing and configuration management systems, and producibility principles.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
· Industry or Government work experience on a weapon, missile, command & control, or defense program.
· Engineering experience with the BMDS or GMD.
· Systems engineering experience on an aerospace program during the product development phase.
· Development and qualification test planning experience.
· Experience implementing industry standard systems engineering processes and procedures using industry standard tools such as DOORS or Rhapsody.
· Experience identifying technical risks and developing associated mitigation plans.
· Demonstrated ability to consolidate technical data into reports and presentations and clearly communicate technical information.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award