This position requires a current security clearance at Top Secret level with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
The Boeing Company is seeking a systems engineer to join a 20-30 person project team, assisting with the development and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered data centers used to support the command and control of space vehicles. Team projects require the development of custom application software, and the completed systems include COTS hardware and software, commercial database systems and computer network infrastructure.
This individual will participate in all phases of the computer system development life cycle, including concept of operations development, requirements development and analysis, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation.
Engineering duties will include:
• Work with mentor to develop concepts of operations to meet end user needs
• Work with the team to develop expertise for various technical topics and become the domain expert
• Assist with the development of system designs that satisfy the system requirements
• Support the design of software algorithms that meet performance specifications
• Support the design of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) that meet end user needs
• Support the design of database table models that support software application development
• Work with the team to develop formal system requirements for computer systems and custom software
• Write use cases that align with end user needs
• Conduct trade studies to support the selection of hardware components, COTS products and algorithm approaches
• Support design review presentations
• Support integration and test activities, to include formal sell-off of requirements
• Support the development of end user documentation
• Support maintenance and troubleshooting activities related to delivered systems
• Support the development of technical proposals for the purpose of acquiring additional work
Offer is contingent upon program access and ability to obtain final clearance (Pre-Start) U.S. Citizen required.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
DivisionNetworks & Space SystemsRelocation Assistance Available No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.Qualifications
**Position requires an ability to obtain a final clearance PRE-START.**
Additional responsibilities are:
Candidates must also have experience in the following concepts:
• Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system integration solutions;
• Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional, and program interfaces;
• Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture;
• Performs analyses in affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance, and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success;
• Develops, maintains, and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes;
• Resolves cross-functional technical issues
• Call-in responsibilities, some occasional shift work, and weekend work are required.
Experience Level Individual ContributorJob Type StandardTravel NoContingent Upon Program Award NoUnion NoJob Code 6K8CP2