Wyle is seeking mid-level systems engineers to provide technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) supporting the development and evolution of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). The BMDS is an integrated, “layered” architecture that provides multiple opportunities to destroy missiles and their warheads before they can reach their targets. The task covers systems engineering support for developing the BMD system architecture, future concepts, requirements & technical baseline, system integration & test, capability assessment, delivery to the warfighter, modeling and simulation and threat systems. This includes support to the Engineering Directorate and to BMD Element stakeholders including Aegis BMD, C2BMC, GMD, Sensors, Targets & Countermeasures, THAAD, and the Modeling and Simulation program.
Successful candidates will perform end-to-end analyses of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) in support of MDA’s system engineering process. In this role, you will work with teams performing BMDS system engineering tasks, analyze results from Modeling and Simulation tools and test events, and support system and element level requirements development processes. Duties involve coordination of system engineering activities and products with multiple functional group leads and government personnel as well as documentation of analysis results in reports and briefings to be presented to the MDA BMD Engineering Team.
BS in Engineering/Science/Math related field and 5 or more years of experience.
• Capable of providing engineering/scientific support on systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, devices and/or processes for developmental and operational weapon system engineering programs.
• Possess in-depth practical and theoretical technical/engineering knowledge.
• Capable of working as a team member to solve engineering problems.
• Capable of implementing system engineering "V" processes across a program acquisition life cycle.
• Works as a member of team and assists with solving complex problems.
• Has specialized related knowledge.
• Clearance Level: S, TS, TS/SCI
Prior BMDS and/or ballistic missile weapons system experience desired.