12 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 42954BR Date posted 03/21/City Pomona
Country United States
ISR & Space Systems – Pomona is among the largest domestic suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense sensing instrumentation. We design, develop, manufacture and support sophisticated sensors and analytical instruments for space, defense and homeland security applications. Our major products are space instruments, atmospheric monitors and chemical/biological detection systems.
UTAS-Pomona is currently seeking a Systems Engineer (SE) to join our highly experienced interdisciplinary team of engineers working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The SE will have the responsibility of supporting product development including requirements development, validation and verification, system design and performance analysis. The System Engineer lays out the vision for the product and works with all engineering teams to turn that vision into hard requirements, high-reliability designs, and testable characteristics. As such the System Engineer must be a team-oriented leader who can support weapon sight and night vision systems development through from cradle to grave.
* Work closely with the Program Manager and Project Engineer to manage system requirement and scope aspects of the project
* Collaborate across engineering disciplines to lead the full life-cycle of systems development tasks including definition and development of system architecture and interface definition through requirements capture and flow down, integration, and qualification test with minimal supervision and direction from the Engineering Manager
* Generation of System Test Cases and System Test Procedures
* Daily technical interaction with program, project, scientist, electrical, software, hardware, mechanical, test and quality groups within the division
* Regular technical interaction with other UTAS divisions, partners and end customers
* Develop sub-system trade studies, algorithms and error budgets as necessary to support the project
* Drive the usage of appropriate Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions with heavy focus on platform design, reuse and knowledge-management
* Analyze product failure data from customers, manufacturing, and suppliers to determine necessary product improvements
* 10+ years of experience in design and development of an integrated product and leading technical projects through a life cycle
* 5+ years of experience in an engineering IPT position in an Aerospace/Defense environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Design concept skills are required as the successful candidate will be involved in many proposals, presentations and customer reports
* Ability to work in a highly structured environment, with frequent customer and stakeholder interaction
* Experience leading projects is a plus
* Must display excellent teamwork and problem solving skills, and have the ability to drive projects to completion
* Excellent verbal/written communication
* Ability to work in a highly structured environment, with frequent customer interactions
* Must be adaptable to changing priorities
Due to our federal & state contracts, candidates Must have US Persons status / green card acceptable
Assist in leading group process improvements using our UTC continuous improvement system (ACE), including the continued development of standard work for program management group processes.
Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans, must comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements.
Advanced degree in engineering, chemistry and/or physics preferred with experience in broad based system design and development background (mechanical, electronics, software) with experience in system design and architecting of sensor systems.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.