8 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
"I feel the need...the need for speed!" If you like the movie "Top Gun", you will love the Test and Training Instrumentation Engineering Department.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art Range Products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure solutions for U.S. military communication systems, navigation systems, and networks specifically targeted to our US Armed Forces fleet of advanced fighter jets.
Our department values its culture of open communication and strives to find driven individuals who deliver on their commitments and operate well in this environment. The T&TI Technology Systems Engineering team is looking for a Systems Engineer to provide technical excellence in this fast-growing market of Air Combat Training. Responsibilities will span across the entire system development model from system design through system testing as well as supporting the customer at Air Combat training ranges.
* Requirements decomposition and allocation from the customer requirements through subsystem and component level requirements
* System and Subsystem design including Interface definition and development of derived requirements
* Supporting the HW and SW design teams ensuring that the implemented design adheres to the systems requirements established for the products
* Verification and validation of the system ensuring that the final product deliveries meet the design intent and customer requirements.
* Project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
* Adherence to and support of the Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
* Utilization of strong interaction and interpersonal skills to perform in a highly diverse engineering team
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Practical experience in all aspects/phases of the system development V-Model
* The candidate must demonstrate that they have excellent communication skills as a primary responsibility for this position will be frequent interaction with multiple engineering disciplines, the customer, and Program Management.
A successful candidate may possess the following:
* Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems.
* Background and/or knowledge of digital and/or RF electronics.
* Background and/or knowledge of Software Systems.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well in a professional team environment.
* Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to investigate problems to their root cause.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.