3 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a vacancy for a Systems Engineer reporting to the Manager Engineering, Boeing for AC Maintenance.
* Initiate and develop technical solutions to ensure aircraft system’s performance meets corporate requirements for cost and reliability
* Design and develop engineering documentation with substantiation and justification for modification.
* Preparation of engineering calculations and / or tests and related reports.
* Provide engineering support and liaison for other departments including Line Maintenance and Maintenance Control.
* Preparation of repairs, processes and procedures as required.
* Review aircraft and component reliability data and identify root cause of failure once in service.
* Provide Maintenance documentation support.
* Liaise with manufacturer / suppliers.
* Provide technical liaison for work being accomplished by outside agencies.
* Conduct technical investigations to determine the cause of mechanicals problems.
* Maintaining knowledge of Transport Canada regulations affecting area of expertise.
* Bachelor of Engineering with a concentration in Mechanical or Aeronautical or suitable equivalent experience.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in aviation and aircraft systems
* Candidates must be members or qualify for admission to l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Good familiarity with PC-based software (Windows, MS-Office XP)
* Ability to work flexible hours when needed to meet demanding deadlines or support an installation.
* Be able and available to travel where our aircraft modifications/repairs are performed.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Aircraft Maintenance