4 months ago
The Systems Concepts and Requirements IPT of the National Team is seeking individuals who are creative and think-out-of-the-box to support development and documentation of functional, performance, and interface concepts and requirements for the Missile Defense Agency’s Ballistic Missile Defense System (MDA BMDS).
* The selected individual will support performance analysis and development of concepts for track correlation requirements consisting of a multi-sensor correlation, intelligence fusion, and information-sharing capabilities using MATLAB based tools.
* Candidate will participate in development of system/component trade studies and analyses.
* Supports development of change notices to the BMD system specification thru updates to requirements databases, models, and interface definitions.
* Interacts in technical interchange meetings with internal technical working groups, government counterparts, and BMDS stakeholders.
* Individual will support creation and presentation of briefings to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and supporting stakeholders.
* Candidate’s on-the-job performance may lead to assignment in more senior roles.
Occasional travel is required.
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
* This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* Experience performing numerical and model based analysis of track correlation using MATLAB or similar tools. Familiarity in performing and documenting technical trade studies.
* Knowledge/expertise in analyzing, developing, and writing system or sub-system requirements.
* Ability to perform and understand multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to work in a team environment with frequent high visibility interactions with senior technical leaders and stakeholders.
* Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Missile Defense Agencies Command and Control Battle Management System (C2BMC) and management of confederated sensors.
* Experience in track correlation systems within a Missile Defense or Integrated Air and Missile Defense context.
* Past work at a MDA element level such as C2BMC, Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), Patriot, or Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), is a plus.
* Familiarity/experience in analyzing and modeling system behaviors requirements using DoDAF views. sensors/seekers, RF/Radar sensors, endo and exo-atmospheric kill vehicles, aero, aero heating, rocket propulsion, missile guidance, threats & countermeasures, raid threats, target discrimination, or command and control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.).
Typical Education / Degree
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award