3 months ago
Systems Engineer II
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Systems Engineer II (Armstrong)
Responsible for systems development in support of complex system architecture definition for commercial aviation projects. Will work with a team of Systems Engineers lead by a Sr. Systems Engineer to evaluate use cases, derive requirements, perform trade studies, and define system solutions that satisfy customer needs. Will also participate in market analysis and coordination with the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Work with customers and vendors to understand and define requirements
* Derive requirements through use case development
* Perform functional decomposition
* Evaluate systems functions to determine cost effective implementation strategies
* Work with other engineering disciplines to understand installation requirements, costs and constraints
* Verify requirements compliance
* Perform technical trade studies comparing new and existing hardware and software products
* Interpret detailed system interface documentation, including mechanical, electrical, and software interfaces
* Create requirements specifications and detailed system interface documentation for mechanical / electrical assemblies and software.
* Create technical questionnaires in support of market analysis.
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering
* 3+ years of experience in defining systems for complex integration platforms
* Experience working with customers and end users to develop system requirements
* Experience working alone and with teams to perform system and subsystem level design tasks
* Experience translating system requirements into detail design requirements for structural and electrical engineers, or subcontractors
* Experience executing technical trade studies and developing use cases
* Outstanding written and oral communications skills, including presentations
* Understanding of human factors concepts for maintenance and operational tasks
* Understanding of DO-160 or similar qualification standards
* Understanding of wired and wireless communication protocols and networks (e.g. IP based, cellular, ARINC 429, RS485, RS422, Ku/Ka SATCOM, Inmarsat/Iridium SATCOM)
* Understanding of network security and sensitive data separation
* Master of Science Degree in Electrical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering
* 5+ years of experience in defining systems for complex integration platforms
* Systems engineering experience with Part 25 commercial aircraft
* Experience working directly with commercial airlines operators (e.g. United, Delta, Southwest, etc.)
* Experience with industry standard systems engineering tools (DOORS, Rhapsody (SysML), Core, etc.)
* Experience with lifecycle cost analysis
* Expertise in at least one of the following: SATCOM/datalinks, IP Based Networks (wired and wireless), IT Security, Avionics, Aircraft Integration
* Ability to produce electrical or mechanical design drawings for detailed parts, assemblies, and installations.
Astronics Armstrong Aerospace (1437)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.