8 months ago
The following unique skills are required:
1. Experience using computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar in design of aircraft components and systems.
2. A fundamental understanding of aircraft design and construction principles.
3. The ability to effectively work with and support a multi-discipline team of engineers, mechanics, technicians, Quality Control, upper management, etc.
4. Strong technical skills and knowledge of mechanical systems.
1. Gulfstream engineering experience, e.g. G650, G500, G600.
2. Experience with Structural Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals.
3. Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
4. Practical hands on aircraft repair experience and problem solving.
5. Familiarity with Airworthiness Authority regulations and showing compliance to such regulations with repairs and rework instructions in a post-production repair station environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 18 months related engineering experience with Bachelors degree. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Masters Degree and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job position.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline 2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones 3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity 4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments 5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy 6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline 2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures 3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources 4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats 5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues 6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity 7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 103882
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.