16 days ago
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. System Engineer (C2BMC) ( Level 5) to join our dynamic team in Colorado Springs, CO, Schriever AFB, CO or in Huntsville, AL.
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
The role and responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
• Perform system analysis and assessment, supporting integration and experimentation for the Missile Defense C2BMC program.
• Leadership, interpersonal, and verbal/written communications skills enabling him/her to work effectively in a small technical team environment, and to accurately represent project results to C2BMC system architects, software designers, other testers and test support personnel, the Government customer, and personnel in other MDA programs.
• Possess an understanding of systems engineering processes, domain knowledge of missile flight, and Command and Control principals.
• Experience with track correlation, track fusion, and association of tracks into a launch event.
• Experience with C2BMC and knowledge of other BMDS elements including Space Based Sensors, AN/TPY2, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot, and SBX
• Perform a disciplined system engineering and analysis approach to the definition, development, and analysis of the integration of the Element capability with C2BMC.
• Decompose the current and future planned C2BMC systems to understand what impact the Element capability will have on the current system and how to mitigate any negative impacts.
• Work towards future capabilities such as sensor management, tasking, cueing, and discrimination architectures.
• Participate in developing, executing, and analyzing the results of various tests in a lab environment as needed.
• Support and participate on flight test and ground test mission support teams.
The ideal candidate will possess 10-20 years experience in a related engineering environment, with good experience and expertise in systems-of-systems definition and integration. Experience in Ballistic Missile defense is highly desired. Ability to analyze high level needs and through a structured and logical approach refine the need into an integrated set of requirements that leads to a fielded product. Ability to lead portions of the activity and direct the activities of junior engineers.
Excellent communications skills desired (written and oral). Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. Able to write and implement engineering plans within a project. Experience in algorithm development, optimal state estimation and orbital dynamics is a plus.
Some travel required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active SECRET U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Bachelor's degree (or higher) education
Minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
Knowledge of command and control systems.
Knowledge of Battle Management CONOPS.
Knowledge of Windows required and Unix operating systems.
Knowledge of ballistic missile track correlation algorithms.
Perform system analysis and assessment, supporting early integration and experimentation.
Leadership, interpersonal, and verbal/written communications skills
Experience with systems engineering processes, domain knowledge of missile flight, and Command and Control principals.
Experience with track correlation, track fusion, and association of tracks into a launch event.
Experience with C2BMC and knowledge of other BMDS elements including Space Based Sensors, AN/TPY2, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot, and SBX.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award