8 months ago
The following unique skills are required:
1) A fundamental understanding of the aircraft design and construction principles.
2) The ability to effectively work with and support a multi-discipline team of engineers, mechanics, technicians, Quality Control personnel, upper management, etc.
3) Strong technical skills with electrical and mechanical systems.
The following unique skills are preferred:
1) Gulfstream engineering experience
2) Experience with Structural Repair Manual, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Aircraft Maintenance Manual, etc.
3) Experience using computer aided design programs, such as CCD, CATIA (V4 and V5), AutoCAD, or similar tools used in the design of aircraft structures and systems.
4) Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
5) Practical hands-on aircraft repair experience and problem solving and trouble shooting.
6) Familiarity with Airworthiness Authority regulations and showing compliance to such regulations with repairs and rework instructions in a post production repair station environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 104635
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.