-The Mission Assurance System Safety & Environmental Engineering (SS&EE) and Airworthiness Capabilities, within Boeing Defense Space and Security, is seeking an individual to perform System Safety Engineering and Airworthiness
-This position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
-This is a level 5 systems engineering position primarily responsible for System Safety Unit Member accountabilities within the BDS Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) Organization Designation Authorization (ODA).
- Secondary responsibilities will include System Safety Engineering tasking supporting the BDS product family.
- Serves as a company resource expert in the definition of system safety program fundamentals including, risk identification, analysis and control of hardware and software hazards. Leads preliminary design activities providing advice and counsel on pertinent regulatory and safety requirements, reviews preliminary configurations, and makes suggestions to enhance the certification of the new product and to minimize future certification risks.
- Defines regulatory certification requirements for a specific product, leads certification team in the development of the certification basis proposal with several complex elements and the final negotiation of the certification basis, including resolution of issues, with the regulators. Updates the certification basis as required due to product changes to maintain product certification.
- Leads as an ODA Unit Member, first level of Issue resolution of ODA certification issues. Reviews and approves certification compliance data on behalf of the FAA under the Organization Designation Authorization. Works directly with the IPT on findings of compliance Supports Program Certification planning. Works with directly with the FAA when needed to support ODA initiatives. Provides regular status reports to Program Management and the ODA.
- Provides expert industry insight but leading industry/regulator activities to develop proposals for aviation regulatory and safety requirements that affect the design, production and operation of aircraft Monitors potential new regulations and communicates impact throughout the Enterprise as appropriate. Assists in the development of long term strategic goals in development of a safe and efficient global transportation system.
- Leads the development of certification related processes, tools and procedures and benchmarks industry practices to continuously improve the performance of certification tasks, including safety data management. Delivers training in the
use of new processes, tools, and procedures.
- Mentors and trains others in risk management methods. Develops new risk analysis processes, methods and tools.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
Typical Education / Experience
Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.