12 days ago
* Systems Engineer to perform target and countermeasure requirements lead functions for the Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) team supporting the Missile Defense Agency Threat Systems Engineering (EIT) sub-directorate.
* Selected candidate will support the assessment of threat capability and allocation of appropriate portions of the threat performance envelope to Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) flight test targets.
* This entails coordination with the Directorate for Test (DT), BMDS Elements, the Targets & Countermeasures Directorate (TC), and other Directorate for Engineering sub-directorates.
* Candidate will lead the effort to produce high level target requirements documentation that provides the basis for developing lower level documents that are provided to TC for the acquisition of target classes and contracting of individual targets to support specific flight test events.
* The MDNT EIT team will provide system engineering expertise to the development and assessment of target requirements documents.
* This assessment includes analyzing issues and providing a recommended solution, proposing courses of action that define options for target performance definition for a specific flight test scenario.
* The MDNT EIT team is expected to maintain the big picture of test that includes flight and ground test since EIT provides requirements and modeling for both.
* Leveraging the capabilities of the MDNT, candidate will provide engineering inputs to and support resolution of issues related to flight test targets and ground test threat models.
* In addition, candidate will be the interface between the MDNT and the Director, Threat Systems Engineering and the advocate for MDNT capability that can support his tasks.
* He/she will be expected to support ad hoc tasking from the EIT director.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
* This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
* Familiarity with large scale System of Systems and DoD weapons systems integration.
* Ability to develop, coordinate, and communicate integration plans; including ability to perform integration analysis across multiple sub-systems; understand relationship of intended behavior and requirements to test objectives; ability to work with system engineering tools to apply sound systems engineering practices to the development of a high level requirements documents that will drive detailed acquisition specifications.
* Knowledge of flight and ground test design and data collection for a complex missile defense program.
* Knowledge of System Engineering for test campaign and test event design processes in support of system assessment is required.
* Must be able to work independently as well as part of a geographically distributed team.
* Good communications skills with senior technical leaders and government customers.
* Candidates with strong systems engineering background and demonstrated collaboration and presentation skills are desired.
* System level interface design and specification development experience is desired.
* Additionally, candidate should possess knowledge of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS), a strong background in system analysis – particularly at the enterprise level, and system level testing. Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 20 or more years' experience, Master's with 18 or more years' experience or PhD with 15 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award