4 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
Reporting to the Manager, Technology Operations, the Systems Operations Analyst (SysOps) is responsible for datacentre maintenance and upkeep, on-going daily operations performance and availability, as well as network monitoring. They control production operational integrity and reliability for all critical systems, with particular emphasis to systems that pertain to business continuity. Additionally, the Sysops is responsible for analyzing incidents on these systems post-crisis and deploying fixes as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure operational integrity and performance along with datacentre/network resource availability and reliability
* Ensure continuous operations of datacentre through auto-recovery and/or elasticity procedures
* Provide automated processes for implementations, system integrations, and routine maintenance
* Provide and maintain automated (scripted) solutions for repetitive ongoing operational tasks and processes.
* Provide and maintain system, network and application monitoring, alerting and metric gathering
* Troubleshoot network problems, and escalate internally or externally, as necessary.
* Actively participate in the deployment of Porter datacentre server infrastructure within AWS and on premise solutions
* Respond to incidents that affect the Porter datacentre server infrastructure and applications within AWS and on premise solutions, escalating internally or to third-party vendors as required
* Interact with third-party application and software vendors for new deployments or to deploy fixes as required
* Provide second-third level support as required during operational disruptions and with data centre and/or network outages
* Work closely with the Technology Solutions and Security teams to develop automated solutions where possible, while maintaining reliability and adherence to security and compliance requirements
* Work closely with the Information Systems team to provide a smooth, automated, implementation process of their applications.
* Build and maintain accurate system and network documentation for the Help Desk team, who provide level 1-2 support assistance
* Responsible for analyzing and/or preparing Change Requests for all work to be performed and maintain a record of these requests.
* Participate in post incident reporting (PIR) analysis and preparation.
* Participate in after hours, on call rotation
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Perform other related duties as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience with AWS and cloud technologies
* Experience supporting technology operations systems (servers, applications, network)
* Experience implementing, supporting and enhancing technology systems
* Experience integrating applications and systems
* Ability and experience setting up multiple environments for testing and development purposes
* Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
* Excellent collaborator with strong communication skills
* Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project management
* Ability to construct user guides and documentation
* Proposes solutions or alternatives to problems
* Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
* Strong problem determination and solution skills
* Software development skills are a definite asset
* Ability to travel when required (including travel to US destinations)
* Availability to work off hours (including evenings, weekends and holidays) if required
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering (or equivalent experience)
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
* Post Date October 18, 2017
* Reference ID 86-67-81