19 days ago
We are looking for an experienced tax professional with the technical skills and desire to work in a fast-paced company in aerospace industry. The tax lead will report directly to the tax director, and be responsible for managing tax technology platform in-House, formulate internal tax process and control policies, and support tax provision and compliances, and other specific projects from the tax director. With a strong tax technology background, this position will have the ability to influence related tax policies and procedures within Safran North American group, and assist with a broad range of tax planning activities as well as research of complex tax issues and transactions.
A successful candidate will possess strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills in order to manage multiple tax projects while working with the tax team to maintain a collaborative and effective environment in which to work.
* • As needed, perform accounting and/or jurisdictional tax research or other assigned tax projects
* • Possess demonstrated oral and written communication skills, work ethic and the ability to work effectively across a complex organization.
* • Need to maintain a strong teamwork ethic, be flexible, and able to multi-task.
Required Education and Experience
* • Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related business field with a CPA license
* • Proficiency with OneSource tax software, including provision, compliance and workflow management tools
* • Eight plus years of broad tax experiences in a multinational corporate tax department with a key position role or progressive experience in a national CPA firm or combined experiences
* • Comprehensive and strong background in tax and accounting policies and practices
* • Ability to think independently and thoroughly
* • Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external audiences through written and verbal methods
* • Proficiency with tax applications and research tools
* • Assist with the preparation of the Company's tax provision
* • Assist with the preparation of the Company's Federal and State tax compliances
* • Improve existing processes and controls involving the annual tax provision and tax compliance by creating and maintaining documentation workflow charts, slide decks, and other written documentation regarding the compliance and provision process
* • Proactively identify tax technology and process needs within the tax team, including initiatives for process improvements for tax work flow cycles, automation and application of tax process and technology best suited for the tax team
* • Participate in the development and implementation of tax technology related strategies by identifying and implementing best practices utilizing all available applications to drive operational improvements and efficiencies across the business organization, including collaboration with other business units, the Financial Systems group, and participating in technology user groups outside of the Company
* • Assist with coordination and delivery of staff and leadership training in the use of financial systems and applications available for use by the Tax department, including day-to-day maintenance, user support, and training in the use of Tax software applications (compliance and provision) with an added emphasis on finding ways to increase efficient and effective use of systems
* • Managing the relationship and project delivery of third party vendors
Specificity of the job
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some domestic and international travel may be expected.
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys