The Income Tax Manager provides leadership in compliance, planning, business advisory and related tax matters. This position is typically focused on multiple, and often complex, income tax tasks and related business issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages team workload for income tax compliance, estimated payments, audits and financial provision processes.
· Reviews (may also prepare) Federal and state income tax returns and tax related computations supporting income tax provision process, business operations and business transactions.
· Manages state income tax audits process and develops proposed resolution of issues raised and recommends tax planning projects for implementation.
· Prepares and/or reviews tax computations and memoranda supporting financial reserves and financial statement disclosures.
· Serves as an active and valued business partner in regard to tax matters.
· Applies professional-level technical knowledge, skills, experience, and judgment to accomplish results.
· Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and procedures.
· May play a supporting or lead role on transactions, projects, controversies, regulatory developments and legislative analysis depending on the circumstances and skill set required.
· Carries out assignments received in the form of objectives and works with supervisor in developing goals and action steps that will meet those objectives.
Job Description (Continued)
· Possesses strong technical (in one or more tax areas), analytical, research, organizational, and communication skills.
· Must be objective, credible, practical, efficient, multi-tasker, adaptable to changing dynamics and leadership styles, a self-starter, team player, strategic, value-added, and effective.
· Receives assignments and establishes the methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successfully reaching objectives.
· Provides guidance to exempt or nonexempt team members or works with and through peers to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
· Supports departmental senior management to establish operational plans and objectives that execute business initiatives.
· Has input into and makes recommendations on administrative and/or operational matters.
· Accountable for successfully executing operational objectives and plans.
· May occasionally represent the department in business operations meetings.
· Manages functional activities with responsibility for costs incurred and methods employed to achieve results.
· Effectively obtains confidence of management and outside advisors and consultants.
· Must be open to direction and input from others, but willing to take a stand in a diplomatic manner when necessary to ensure department objectives are realized.
· College degree plus CPA; Masters in Taxation a plus
· 6+ years of progressive income tax experience including at least 2 years Public Accounting practice; corporate tax department experience a plus
· Strong managerial skills
· Previous supervisory experience
· Strong interpersonal, communication and PC skills
· Ability to manage management, non-management and contract labor work groups
· Ability to concurrently handle multiple responsibilities
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 1356
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Accounting, Tax, Manager, CPA, Finance, Management