10 days ago
Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 18662
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
The position is responsible for overseeing the project management, planning of the large and complex support of Project Management Service Delivery programs. The position also has complete responsibility for governance of policies and procedures surrounding the ongoing support of the new projects and service requests impacting the deployment and management of the program. This person should have knowledge of managing projects using agile and/or scrum methodology, have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, be adaptable and practical, as well as be a team-player and problem solver. The candidate must have a strong background in managing project budgets from start to finish.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Define the program governance controls for interacting with IT Business and Business groups.
* Provide direction and mentoring to a team of project managers on agile methodology, ensuring projects are executed under agile concepts and principles. Increase agile maturity level on an on-going basis.
* Ensure there are project management standards, process and procedures in all aspects of the project life cycle, and continuously revise them as needed to ensure they stay relevant.
* Liaison with Mobility team leads to ensure understanding of project management roles, responsibilities, standards, process and procedures are understood and identify areas of opportunity for improvements and/or changes.
* Oversight of project management activities throughout the program life cycle, which includes:
* Attend customer engagement consults for the program.
* Review project risk assessments with the PM’s periodically and provide direction as needed.
* Oversight of quality and proper documentation of all project enhancements and change requests artifacts.
* Ensure process and training documentation is developed, accurate, and shared with client in effective and timely manner.
* Ensure just in timely and end-to-end projects to include quality requirements and deliverables are monitored and business needs.
* Ensure issues are identified, properly documented and escalated as needed.
* Ensure Planview adequately reflects the project tasks and oversight of proper time allocation from team members.
* Escalate implement risk mitigation plans and corrective measurements.
About The Job (Continued)
* Share best practices to improve service delivery across entire customer base.
* Effectively manage all service requests and escalations through to resolution with appropriate tracking and throughout communication.
* Identify group conflict and facilitate resolution.
* Create a highly motivated and high performing team.
* Create and encourage a teamwork spirit within the team and with IT counterparts and business customers.
* PMP certification or equivalent experience.
* BA/BS or 10+ years of IT project management experience.
* 3-5 years' working experience in Agile.
* Previous development of budgets, forecasting and operational expenses.
* Demonstrate situational analysis and problem solving skills.
* Ability to lead both technical and non-technical discussions.
* Strong leadership and management skills.
* Possess a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Conceive solutions, build consensus, and sell/execute solutions
* Strong understanding and practice of project management methodology to include Agile and SDLC Project Management.
* Leadership or extensive experience with large-scale, complex, cross discipline technology projects.
* Understand the various tools to manage projects and resources (Plan view, Field glass, etc.).
* Previous experience in project financials and budgeting to make sure requirements are met.
* Develop and lead efficient and motivated teams.
* Self-Directed and confident.
Preferred Qualifications (Continued)
* Ability to identify challenges, risks, and opportunities.
* Should be detailed oriented with an ability to grasp and see the big picture.
* Ability to mentor, mediate, and negotiate.
* Confident decision making skills.
* Problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
* Great people skills; ability to understand how to bring out the best in their teams.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 18662
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Manager, Project Manager, Management, Technology