The candidate will work with the Cyber Systems Engineering Division (AFLCMC/EZC) located at Hanscom AFB, MA. Work efforts will focus on developing metrics to measure System Security Engineering (SSE) as incorporated into Air Force Systems Engineering (SE) processes and deliverables.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Update Cyber Health Scorecard to measure SSE processes health
- Develop/update Scorecard Configuration Management Plan
- Develop methodologies and metrics to measure systems’ cyber resilience
- Focus the Metric on the materiel solution (i.e., system, sub-system, configuration item)
- Leverage Cyber Resiliency Assessment Tool (C-RAT) or OSD survey tool
- Leverage SMART as appropriate and allowed (Program Protection Plan (PPP) metric)
- Define/update framework to define metrics objectives, stakeholders, potential analytics and proposed metrics
- Implement and refine framework and resulting metrics
- Integrate effort with Software Engineering Institute (SEI) support.
Work efforts will result in updated Cyber Health Scorecard, Scorecard Configuration Management Plan and the Cyber Metrics Framework.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree and eight (8) years of experience is required; in lieu of the degree an additional four (4) years related professional experience is required.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidate must have a background with the analysis and tracking of technical metrics for complex systems in such areas such as cybersecurity and software integration. Understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and cybersecurity is desired. Knowledge of Air Force Assessment and Authorization (A&A) cybersecurity process and current DoD cyber security requirements as applied to Air Force platforms and systems is desired.
Other required skills include: Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements; Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation; Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff; Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information; Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering).
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply online by clicking "Apply Now to Join Our Team."