Requisition #: 263312
Delta Air Lines requires a Technical Architect to work in a critical area of Delta's IT application infrastructure. Working in some of Delta Air Lines' key areas such as Ticketing, Revenue Management, Reservations and Online channels this role will become an integral part of elevating our products and services into the marketplace. This opportunity offers you the chance to work with multiple technical IT and business teams to find the best approach to build technologies that take us into the future.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- You will be responsible for working with Reservations, Revenue Management, eCom, Mobile, Kiosk, ACS, SOA, Ticketing, Inventory, PNR, TPF and Revenue Accounting to drive business solutions in support of our Corporate Goals
- You will provide strategic support to the customer in defining and/or designing business processes and help identify technologies to meet customer requirements
- This position assists with the technical design of computer software and depending on experience and abilities may participate in the development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of applications
- This position will be responsible for architecting Portfolio solutions that work with Enterprise Event Systems and solutions that support Delta's critical operational systems
- This position will also develop appropriate documentation according to Delta's standards
- Support and troubleshoot systems as required, optimizing performance, resolve problems, and providing timely follow up on all problems
- This person is someone who actively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes; researches and provides information concerning technical solutions and competitors' practices relevant to the customer's business
- Will assist in guiding the development efforts and insuring that Delta's methodologies and standards are maintained
- Will lead the solutions and design sessions with a program perspective in association with all interdependent systems
- Keeps the customer informed and follows standard practices to insure the customer is properly advised on appropriate approaches to solving their business problems
- Allies with other IT functional areas to stay appraised of project status
- Keeps abreast of industry technical and commercial trends through benchmarking; participation in professional associations, etc., in order to lead customer and Delta to appropriate solutions
- Identifies, understands, and resolves gaps across technology and business partners.
- You will partner with the Business Areas, IT Business Consultants, Advisors and Enterprise Architects to design, build and implement transcending solutions across Delta portfolios to offer Delta personnel and Delta customer's best in class and always on the leading edge
- Keep up to date with industry standards, and technology changes to help build robust systems to accommodate the industry requirements and business needs
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- This position requires a BS or BA degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education, or training experience in application design, development, installation, and modification
- In-depth airline knowledge relating to ticketing and EMDs are essential while booking data and airline business acumen are also required
- Must have demonstrated leadership in delivering IT business systems
- Candidate must have the ability to effectively write code (e.g., JAVA preferred) in order to develop effective and efficient solutions to computing needs; knowledge of TPF systems is a plus
- TIBCO products: EMS, RV, Business Works and Oracle
- Working knowledge of Delta's Operational Data and Event publishing systems and service oriented architecture is a plus
- The candidate needs to have extensive experience regarding software design and development using object caching databases
- Must be an expert in working with Visio diagrams, PowerPoints, Word and Excel documents
- Must be able to take data and manipulate it to assist with setting the best course of action
- Experience should include working closely with IT in business systems analysis, application design, development, installation, and modification, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- Candidate must be solutions oriented using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Candidate must also have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management
- This role requires one to be proficient in designing efficient low latency, highly available, high transaction fault-tolerant high data volume systems that use object caching databases, an Enterprise Message Bus, and Service Oriented Architecture
- Must be experienced in delivering cross divisional projects successfully
- Must have a strong customer focus, and experience dealing with vendor management and 3rd parties
- Must be a team player, excellent communicator, excels in sharing knowledge
- Must act selflessly and demonstrate servant leadership
- Candidate must be highly motivated, self-directed and work by the "Rules of the Road", and must be a high performer in their current role.
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.