3 months ago
1) Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
2) Knowledge of the physical components of a computer and how they inter-operate is required.
3) A working knowledge of the Linux operating system. Must be able to traverse the file system easily and be comfortable with basic commands (cd, mv, cp, cat, less, vi, etc). A familiarity with the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard is preferred.
4) Familiarity with one or more scripting languages: Bash/ksh/sh, Python, Perl, PHP, etc.
5) Experience with managing Apache and/or NGINX services is preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related curriculum or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Entry level position. Related experience in any combination of the following preferred. Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred.) or Microsoft Windows, Software Development, or Aerospace Engineering .
Assist in the Technical (Scientific) Computing (TC) group of the Advanced Computing Technologies (ACT) department in providing operational support for the TC environment. Assist with completing projects as outlined in the operating plan by leveraging enabling technologies to meet the desired goals, objectives, and strategies of various business areas.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Diagnoses and repairs hardware related issues on Linux and/or Windows servers and workstations. 2. Reviews and responds to helpdesk tickets, acting as first level support to scientific/engineering end users using Linux workstations and remote visualization systems. 3. Maintains documentation under the direction of senior technical staff. 4. Supports FLEXLM / RLM / other license management applications. 5. Configures and deploys engineering Linux and/or Windows workstations following standard procedures. 6. Responds to monitoring system alerts in a timely fashion, engaging more senior technical staff as necessary. 7. Writes scripts in Perl, Python, or BASH and/or develop software in C, C++, Fortran or MATLAB. 8. Assists during data center upgrades and outages. 9. Assists with environment patching and software updates. 10. Assumes responsibility for tasks as assigned within the ACT Environment. 11. Assists in the performance of proactive failure trend analysis. 12. Follows predetermined action and escalation procedures when issues are encountered. 13. Follows the guidance of more senior technical staff to help manage network infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc) 14. Assists in the introduction of new technologies that can provide greater capabilities, improved productivity, or reduce total cost of ownership.
1. Maintains technical relationships with multiple hardware and software vendors. 2. Work multiple operational windows as required. to support business objectives. 3. Provide on-call support 24x7. 4. Assists senior technical staff with the research of emerging technologies. 5. Assists with performing proofs of concept and prototyping solutions, if applicable. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. RHCSA, RHCE, MCSA, or MCSE certifications preferred. 2. Familiarity with one or more of the following preferred: administration of Apache, Tomcat, HTML/XML or other web-based technologies; administration of Linux/Windows services and software installation; TCP/IP networking – Including DNS and DHCP protocols; supporting scientific workstations running visualization applications; supporting NFS based network storage; front-end simulation portion of an aircraft design cycle; software development, delivery, and support to a large user base. 3. Experience with one or more scripting and/or programming languages (BASH, Perl, Python, C, C++, Fortran, Matlab,etc) preferred.
Languages Required (in addition to English): None
Requisition Number: 110401
Posting Type: Internal-Site
Department: J0212-Adv Computing Tech
Category: Information Systems
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of Openings: 1.00
Posting End Date: 07/27/2017
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.