4 months ago
Requisition ID: 6202
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Technical Documentation Manager to join our team in Carrollton, TX (INC) (5070). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in customer-facing technical writing, experience effectively leading, managing, and scaling a documentation team at a software company, and a passion for making a big impact on the overall customer experience.
* Manage team of technical writers and drive career growth and opportunity for the team members maintaining a strong customer focus.
* Scale and develop the team as appropriate for the business needs.
* Manages technical writing staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
* Deliver top quality, thorough product documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Analyze data to determine, recommend, and plan new processes in the technical writing function to drive quality and efficiencies.
* Create, maintain, and follow consistent writing style standards and guidelines across documentation materials.
* May act as final approver or editor for projects.
* Establish subject matter expertise across the team for product knowledge, product usage best practices, as well as documentation and writing best practices.
* Provide process training to documentation and project staff.
* Identify metrics for tracking and showcasing process improvements.
* Five (5) years of experience in document control and production.
* Strong capabilities using Microsoft Word, Microsoft SharePoint, Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
* Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Fosters an environment of collaboration and teamwork.
* Ability to teach and mentor others.
* Proactive, self-managing, and able to solve issues quickly.
* Strong schedule capabilities, budget management, and team leadership skills.
* Effective conflict resolution skills.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.