Note: It is important to point out that STS Direct Hire offers its professional staffing services at no cost to you, the candidate.
The Technical Engineering Specialist (Reliability/General) reports directly to the Manager of Technical Engineering. The Technical Engineering Specialist – Reliability / General conducts daily task activities to monitor, assess and take appropriate actions needed to maintain aircraft equipment safely, reliably and economically. Liaises directly with equipment manufacturers and service providers to develop and produce technical data and documents used in the maintenance and repair of company aircraft. Provides after-hours engineering support to Maintenance Control during AOG situations.
- Work with Technical Reliability and Technical Engineering Specialists to identify and implement solutions to chronic aircraft reliability issues
- Perform Fishbone (Cause and Effect) Analysis and 5-Why Technical Analysis
- Assist in drafting reports, papers, and presentations on results of analysis
- Perform basic statistical and cost analysis
- Analyze and evaluate aircraft inspection program findings to determine if any unsatisfactory trends or conditions exist, or if task interval escalations are possible
- Analyze and evaluate aircraft and component technical performance to determine if any unsatisfactory trends or conditions exist
- Assist in completing the CASS Reports
- Provide after-hours engineering support during AOG situations
- Generate engineering documents to specify actions required to comply with FAA Airworthiness Directives and to accomplish service bulletins, alterations, repairs and the manufacture of company produced parts
- Review manufacturers’ service information (SB, SL, etc.) to determine applicability and the potential to improve the reliability of the company fleet
- Present engineering proposals to the operator’s MRB, as required
- Participate in team meetings
- Ensure all specified policies, practices and procedures are complied with
- Maintain a professional working relationship with co-workers and customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess related Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent level of experience in a mechanical or aeronautical discipline
- Very competent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to read and write fluently in the English language
- Basic mathematical competency together with knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, Basic Trigonometry and Statistics to support engineering and reliability analyses
- At least 6 months experience processing engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline)
- Preferred: possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license (required if not degreed)
- Preferred: at least 1 year of experience processing reliability engineering work in a part 121 air carrier (regional or mainline)
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and coordinate with various groups
- Must have a good working knowledge of FAR’s with emphasis on parts 121, 91, 43, 25, 26, 21
- Must be able to analyze Airworthiness Directives and manufacturers service information
- General knowledge/experience of Embraer 145/170/175 and Bombardier 700/900 aircraft is desired; will consider other aircraft experience
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
At STS Direct Hire, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc., please contact us at.
Thanks so much for taking the time, and we hope to hear from you soon!
Job ID: 33855