3 months ago
With millions of members, AAdvantage - the loyalty program of American Airlines - plays a strategic role in the airline’s success. The lead position supports new and existing efforts – proof of concept development, sub-system design, key module development, maintenance, enhancement development, debugging and problem resolution – to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations. This role will play a part in the development of all tiers. Projects are delivered using an Agile methodology based on Scrum. The lead will work closely with people in the entire software development role set, including security and release teams.
In addition to being technically strong, candidates must be self-starters who excel in collaborative environments and have strong leadership skills. Candidates should possess communication skills that allow them to present to both technical teams and non-technical stakeholders. An eye for the larger picture and a proactive attitude towards solving problems is essential. Incumbents are expected to work with architects to identify & promote adoption of best practices in design, coding and unit testing.
* Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent training is required.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience designing, developing and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments.
* Minimum of 16000 hours of professional, design, and open-source experience.
* Ability to guide development away from common pitfalls and provide input into testing positive and negative scenarios.
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service, mentoring and interpersonal skills.
* Agile methodology experience.
* Experience as a technical leader on a project team.
* Working knowledge of web and application servers such as tc server and WebSphere.
* Working knowledge of web service development including use of SOAP and REST protocols.
* Very strong knowledge of the J2EE platform and supporting technologies such as JDBC and JMS.
* Understanding of messaging concepts highly desirable.
* Knowledge of Oracle databases, Siebel, DataStage, Tivoli, MQ highly desirable.
* Familiarity with database tuning strategies highly desirable.
* Understanding of PII and PCI rules desired.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 14864
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Database, Developer, Oracle, Computer Science, Java, Technology