6 months ago
Intern students at Spirit Airlines are considered to be an integral part of the Technical Operations team and are provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. Under guidance of the senior team members, the students will be assigned to teams associated with ongoing programs. Our interns and co-op students will work with the assigned department in a variety of areas including technical support, planning, quality, line maintenance, and other areas as deemed appropriate.
· Learn processes and procedures, and assist in technical data generation, analysis and documentation of assigned projects.
· Provides support to assigned team to review and/or analyze system-generated reports. May provide recommendations or generate work orders based on analysis.
· Prepares reports that may be communicated to Technical Operations teams during regular conference calls.
· May interface with FAA personnel regarding compliance items when required.
· Required to present to department management at end of term.
· Excellent research, writing and communication skills.
· Must be proficient in the use of MS Office products.
· Have fundamental knowledge of computer programs, techniques and concepts for the area of application Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility; shows pride in work performed.
· Demonstrates flexibility in acceptance of assignments and schedules.
· Maintains professional behavior, exhibits dependability, has proven organizational ability and works well with constant priority changes.
· Currently enrolled and in pursuit of undergraduate or graduate degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university.
· Airframe and Powerplant certification preferred.