Technical Operations Safety & Compliance Analyst
Compass Airlines is a company where you can make an impact. Explore our career opportunities and consider the possibilities awaiting you. We are seeking a Technical Operations Safety & Compliance Analyst to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Compass Airlines is currently seeking a Technical Operations Safety & Compliance Analyst for its Minneapolis location. We have an immediate need for someone with exceptional business judgment and discretion as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
The Technical Operations Safety & Compliance Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation, reporting, and continuous improvement to the Technical Operations Safety & Compliance programs and initiatives.
- One to three years related work experience
- FAA A&P License
- Knowledge of airline maintenance organizations
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Knowledge of SMS & SRM processes
- Experience interacting with the FAA
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be able to read and comprehend moderately complex technical material well enough to recognize and correct errors.
- Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Develop best maintenance practices and coordinate with maintenance training for implementation
- Must be able to multi-task; be flexible and adaptable as deadlines shift and work from many work areas arrives simultaneously.
- Establish general objectives relative to the project; independent judgment required.
- Must be able to interact with management and customers in a professional manner.
- Must be able to perform detailed work.
- Must be able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Must be able to generate and maintain accurate records and action summaries.
- Initiate, perform, document, track, perform root cause analysis, & provide corrective action recommendations for technical operations safety & regulatory events.
- Set standards and maintain accountability within areas of responsibility and promote a strong safety culture which supports the sites goal of an injury free workplace.
- Act as liaison with all other maintenance areas to ensure proper responses to internal audit program findings and audits by other external organizations.
- Work with other Tech Ops departments to assist in maintaining areas of SMS & SRM management.
- Research, review and facilitate identifying root cause and identify and implement corrective actions to LOIs, LOCs, VSDs, and SAS findings.
- Review problem areas for probable resolution and interface with maintenance personnel for implementation of resolution.
- Monitor current listing of FAA communications related to the Technical Operations and Quality Departments along with any required corrective actions or associated root cause.
- Maintaining and distributing aircraft, engine, & component specific manuals for maintenance of the aircraft fleet.
- Maintaining appropriate transmittal tracking to ensure manual holders have the most current revision.
- Works as a team member within the Technical Operations area to ensure that procedures and processes comply with Compass and FAA policies, regulations and directives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in an open work environment and in an enclosed workstation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table during work.
- Travel: Approximately 30%
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.