Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VA incorporates the Virgin Brand's world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Report to the Manager of Heavy Maintenance.
- On-site liaison and Virgin America representative.
- Provide technical oversight and logistical support for vendors performing heavy maintenance work.
- Ensure parts and engineering repairs are available to complete the maintenance check.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Plan, implement and provide on-going oversight of Virgin America Heavy Aircraft Maintenance visits.
- Implement job planning and kitting techniques to maximize efficiency, minimize costs and help create the best airline in the world.
- Assist with assessing costs and the impact of various production options.
- Identify opportunities for modification improvements and development.
- Work with vendors and Virgin America planners, engineers, quality and maintenance technicians to implement and oversee maintenance visits.
- Implement efficiency changes to improve reliability and quality of aircraft to provide the finest experience for our guests.
- Coordinate recommended design and task card changes with Engineering.
- Other duties as assigned commensurate with a fast growing airline.
Professional Experience Required:
- Knowledge and experience with airline maintenance and modification operations, aircraft engineering, parts fabrication, and installation.
- Experience working with automated planning tools.
- Practice in the creation of Aircraft Task Cards.
- Experience with 14 CFR part 121 carriers, and part 145 MRO's.
- Minimum of 2 years maintaining Airbus A320 aircraft.
- Experience with In Flight Entertainment Systems maintenance and modification.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with aircraft heavy maintenance and implementing complex modification programs.
- Great communication skills coordinating and facilitating discussions with internal and external customers.
- Great personal interaction and project management skills.
- A passion for innovation and the patience and tenacity to see it through to completion.
- Detail oriented with highly effective project management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Facilitate group consensus and team work around common goals.
- Present program ideas to partners; vendors and internal Virgin America teams.
- Self starter able to work across departments and with multiple vendors.
- Responsible, owning projects and developing successful solutions and problem solving.
Job Requirements: (e.g., travel, must be able to lift 50 pounds, etc.)
- Must be familiar, or be able to quickly come up to speed, with Virgin America's CAMP, GMM and FAA Approved Maintenance Program
- Must adhere to drug and alcohol program in accordance with Virgin America Policy and FAA requirements
- Minimal travel -- training and corporate functions.
- Extensive, proficient use of computers to include MS office word and excel documents.
- Must be able to qualify for airport security badge
- Able to climb and work off of aircraft stands and compartments
- Have or able to possess a United States Passport
- Must be able to work various shifts and schedule
- Must be available to work overtime, including week-ends and holidays
Professional Certifications and Education Required:
- FAA A&P license
- Heavy maintenance experience preferred.