8 months ago
The Technical Sales Manager is primarily responsible for targeting Gulfstream aircraft maintenance opportunities to identify sales leads then providing customers and Regional Sales Managers with technical analysis in preparation of routine to complex work packages. This position has overall responsibility for meeting established sales objectives.
This position is located in the Sales office at our East Alton, Illinois facility with a general work schedule of Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, plus additional hours and travel as necessary to meet the sales objectives.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
* Utilize Salesforce.com, Amstat, Corridor and other aviation databases to manage and identify sales opportunities;
* Analyze our industry market, competition, service / product offerings and trends to develop strategies ensuring WSA alignment with the market findings;
* Identify, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with product line sales objectives;
* Prepare a schedule of customers to target by date of next maintenance event for each sales region in the product line;
* Call upon customers to inquire about the status of their upcoming maintenance event and organize internal schedule of sales opportunities based upon the probability of capturing the opportunity;
* Coordinate with Regional Sales Managers regarding specific maintenance events in their region;
* Provide customers with technical support including maintenance requirements, proposal terms and conditions plus other information related to customer inquiries;
* Prepare sales presentations, contract reviews and proposals to ensure the successful outcome of transactions. This may be completed independently or in conjunction with other departments as needed;
* Communicate with Program Managers and Contract Administrators to answer questions and provide additional input on RFQ’s to include reviewing quotes for accuracy of technical data;
* Conduct a routine cost analysis of completed jobs by doing an internal review of historical costs vs current proposals;
* Routinely maintain and update a database of relative pricing for specific flat rate and time and material job tasks;
* Monitor company conformance to original proposals and maintain continual review to ensure all work scope, terms and conditions are met.
* Attend industry trade shows and vendor events as necessary to maintain existing and develop new relationships.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
* A&P License and / or a degree in Aviation Technology or an equivalent field of study;
* Strong technical knowledge and a customer following in the Gulfstream product line, as demonstrated by at least 5 years experience as a lead aircraft maintenance technician, technical representative or other equivalent position;
* Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other necessary software;
* Must be able to travel for customer meetings or events as necessary;
* Strong understanding of Gulfstream inspection schedules, technical requirements, etc.