7 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading helicopter engine manufacturer, with over 72,000 engines produced since the company was founded in 1938. Offering the widest range of turbine engines, the company has 2,500 customers in 155 countries. With 15 sites, 16 repair and overhaul centers, 44 distributors and authorized service centers and 90 field representatives and technicians, Safran Helicopter Engines is established on all continents and provides its customers with local services. Safran Power Units, a subsidiary of Safran Helicopter Engines, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles and target drones as well as auxiliary power units.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Materials and processes
Technical Support Engineer
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
To provide technical support to the technicians in the Maintenance Center, MRO, and New Production shops by solving day-to-day issues concerning manuals, tools, forms and general questions that arise during the course of the technician's work; thus allowing the technicians to remain focused on their work.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews, accepts, or rejects requests for shop technical support from MRO technicians and personnel from other departments. Requires technical (mechanical) knowledge of turbine engines and technical understanding of maintenance manuals to ensure each request is processed in the appropriate manner to close the issue.
• Maintains records of requests and the work accomplished to close the issue.
• Identifies and takes the required actions to improve the internal documentation that is used in the MRO and SafranHE Maintenance centers.
• Actively participates in worldwide methods group to help identify, stay knowledgeable of, and to locally implement and monitor, the common principles, procedures, and practices, adopted by the group.
• Participates in, and sometimes manages internal improvement initiatives that have been identified and assigned to reduce process times, improve quality, and/or reduce total operating cost.
• Coordinates and monitors tooling services within SafranHE USA.
• May act as a liaison with engineering support from SafranHE France locations during audits and during the course of routine shop support activities.
• Manages or participates in internal investigations as directed by Quality department and/or management.
• Travel required: 5-10%, including internationally.
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
• Develops procedures; identifies problems; recommends solutions to fulfill project objectives, informing supervisor promptly. Recommends expenditures. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or two to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Intermediate Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Knowledge and experience using AutoCAD or equivalent is preferred
• Ability to quickly learn and use internal systems such as SAP and Geode.
• Mechanical/technical/interpersonal skills must be adapted to the unique requirements of the organization.
North America, United States, Texas
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years