The Technical Training Developer is responsible for the complete design, development, and deployment of highly effective, engaging, interactive proficiency-based training programs and content in all modalities, including classroom, laboratory, live aircraft, simulator and e-learning online formats.
The developer integrates the latest adult-based learning techniques and training technologies to produce measurable performance improvements within the Technical Operations workforce. Collaborates closely with the Senior Manager of tech training and subject matter experts (SMEs), using the ADDIE training development methodology, to rapidly develop new and improved content that increases proficiency, efficiency, and skills mastery, increasing Spirit fleet reliability and operational competitiveness.
- Masters Degree plus 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years industry experience developing & delivering adult based education in all modalities. Expert knowledge and proficiency in e-learning management systems and course development software e.g. SumTotal LMS, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Performs Content & Curriculum development using ADDIE methodology, including needs assessment, gap analysis, adult-based learning principles, instructional system design, delivery selection methods, setting measurable performance objectives and measurements to create content in all modalities that resolves performance issues.
- Experienced leading LMS administration, including set-up, configuration, content loading, delivery, testing, and performance tracking to assure learning programs are effectively managed and delivered.
- Experience managing projects, maintaining deadlines for design and developing content deliverables, including storyboards, scripts, digital photography, video, and animation development, and classroom and SOJT user guides, TATS modules, job aids, tests, and reference materials.
- Expertise in latest e-learning immersive interactive learning environments, as well as hands-on guided training laboratories and state-of-the-art simulation devices for scenario-based training.
- Ability to translate technical concepts, documents, media, or information into engaging, interactive, understandable training for new and current team members. Can translate content into effective training in the classroom, lab, simulator, e-learning, or on a live aircraft as appropriate.
- Identify knowledge gaps. Analyze performance deficiencies and create innovative methods for improving performance issue, both technical and regulatory policies and procedures compliance.
- Continuous improvement and refining of training content. Provide real-time reporting and overall coordination of training development projects. Innovation: Generate creative solutions to diverse, complex technical training situations; trying different novel ways to resolve technical and organizational problems and training opportunities.
- Excel at presenting ideas effectively to groups and individuals in collaborative team settings.
- Mentor and train new department members and staff for continued learning and professional development and to deepen the talent pool. Deliver training for selected courseware.
- Project Management: Effectively lead and marshal resources and manage strategic projects to meet development and delivery objectives, measure performance against Tech Ops goals and evaluate results.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and rapidly changing deadlines to meet short and long-term training needs and respond to rapidly changing operational priorities and schedules.
- Proficient in MSOffice Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project.
- Sets high goals and standards of performance and integrity for self, others, and the organization.
- Assimilate and apply new information with high complexity.
- Maintain effectiveness in a fast paced challenging high-stress environment.
- Valid Passport with no international travel restrictions
- Requires frequent alternative work schedules, including night & weekend hours to accommodate training design and development projects, up to 16 hours at a time.
- Travel up to 50% domestic & international consisting of day, overnight & multi-day trips, often requiring ad-hoc short-notice trips to meet development project data gathering requirements.
- Office, classroom, & flight line based, frequently working in stations and on live aircraft.