9 months ago
Purpose: Under minimal direction, this position supports the preparation and revision of Spirit Airlines Technical Publications and Original Equipment Manufacture Manuals as required. The Technical Writer I works under high-pressure to meet deadlines that
safeguard a safe and compliant operation. This role adds value to the company by ensuring that the observance of all areas of regulatory oversight regarding manual administration is timely and responsive. Expected to work in a safe and efficient manner in
accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
• Development and Quality Assurance : Ensure the development of a current and accurate Spirit Airlines Manual Set by adhering to the Technical Publications Revision Process Guidelines and Quality Assurance Checks.
• Format and Content Grammatical Accuracy: Provide accurate information in company manuals and technical documents by ensuring correct content and format for with correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Forms Management: Manage effective, efficient development of Spirit Airlines Forms to include the timely distribution to the Forms Library.
• Revision Compliance: Maintain compliance as mandated by FAA.
• Error Recognition and Recovery: Investigate and resolve problem areas through self-discovery and by interfacing with various engineering, operations, and maintenance personnel.
• Document Project Management: Duties also include supporting the efforts of Subject Matter Experts to complete projects in accordance with established deadlines with strict adherence to quality standards.
• Skilled in documentation editing, formatting and creation in XML Software Technologies and FrameMaker.
• Demonstrated capability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Expertise in document modifying software, particularly Adobe-based.
• Proven knowledge of document design, layout, development, auditing and evaluation.
• Demonstrated English grammar, syntax, mechanics and punctuation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies.
Listens to understand and actively reaches out to all relevant Subject Matter Experts to create a two-way understanding and transparency. Has a strong work ethic, service mindset with demonstrated ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively.
Focuses on details with a drive for perfection in design, development and execution. Enthusiastic about managing and measuring process improvements and gaps. Highly organized and disciplined. Can manage multiple projects at once. Readiness to follow instructions
and adapt to on-the-fly requests.
Builds and executes effective standard processes and metrics to track both process and results. Attacks everything with drive and energy with attention to detail. Not afraid to initiate immediate action based on information on hand. Consistent follow through
with everything he/she starts.
Seeks to deeply understand needs, not just wants, and partners effectively with all levels of Spirit team members. Listens, communicates and influences effectively to create seamless collaboration.
Has a high level of integrity, ethics and discretion. Communicates with tact, is effective in complex, conflict ridden, ambiguous and stressful situations, projects a positive business image, builds and sustains professional relationships with all Subject Matter
Experts and Upper Management.
• Work under pressure at near 100% accuracy while meeting inflexible deadlines.
• Detail oriented
• Frequently stands, walks and uses high levels of visual coordination.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 25lbs.
Education/Experience Requirements - Required
Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communications or equivalent required or formal training equivalent to the completion of a discipline and three or more years of progressive experience in Aviation or other Technical Communication discipline. May substitute
equivalent professional experience in lieu of education/training.
Education/Experience Requirements - Preferred
• Adobe Framemaker Certified.
• XML Document Authoring Certified
• Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel may be required.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technical developments.)