8 months ago
Your Exciting New Career
Editing of source documents and manuals in Adobe FrameMaker, writing, drafting, researching, designing, collaborating, and distributing Company generated manuals, revisions and publications.
You’ll be paired with a strong, dynamic team. A network of airline professionals operating safe and reliable air travel on hundreds of flights each day in the United States and carrying over 1 million passengers annually.
You’ll be active and instrumental in the development and maintenance of a large technical publications suite. The suite consists of an extensive library of interfaced operating, maintenance, airworthiness, aircraft, safety, security, flightcrew and human resource manuals. The position is exciting, it is rewarding, and it provides you with tremendous aviation learning opportunities and career expansion while collaborating with airline subject matter experts and content owners who are passionate about this rewarding industry.
Your day may consist of:
* Editing graphics and publishing documents for electronic and paper distributions
* Coordinating manual revision schedules and the implementation with the FAA and other Company departments
* Monitoring Company and technical data development to ensure delivery is on-schedule and in accordance with regulatory and Company requirements
* Developing periodic reports, project plans and schedules as required
* Analyzing manufacturer, Company, and regulatory updates and documents to ensure manual data is current and available
* Negotiate scope of work, deadlines and priorities with various stakeholders
* Identifying Company manual interfaces between departments
We are looking for:
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field or minimum experience of 2 years developing and writing technical documentation
* Complete working knowledge and skills required for desktop publishing.
* Proficiency in the full Adobe Professional suite (FrameMaker, Acrobat) is mandatory
* Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Experience developing instructional materials and creating\editing line drawings
* Solid working knowledge of grammar, editing practices and the use of style and page layout tools
* Experience with airline operations and maintenance manuals is preferred
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and tight deadlines
* Portfolio of work samples
You will be required to take a comprehensive FrameMaker assessment.
A basic understanding of aviation terminology and/or airline operations is a plus. If you don’t have these skills in your portfolio but you always look to the sky at that airplane flying overhead? Come talk to us. Do you love to travel? Come talk to us!
What we offer you:
* Competitive Salary
* Comprehensive choice of Medical Plan: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance and Short-term Disability
* Vacation and Sick time
* Airline Travel Benefits
* Matching 401(k) plan
* Opportunity for Advancement
We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability.