21 days ago
A challenging mandate
L-3 MAS, located at Mirabel (Quebec) is a part of the L-3 Technologies.
L-3 MAS has carried out for nearly 30 years the repair, maintenance, and modernization of the Canadian fighter jets, the CF-18s. Thanks to our technical expertise developed over time and our passionate employees, L-3 MAS has developed innovative and personalized solutions for the in-service support contracts of the Canadian government’s aircraft fleets such as the CH-148 Cyclone and CH-147F Chinook helicopters, and the CC-150 Polaris (Airbus 310) aircraft, as well as conducted engineering, repair and maintenance tasks on the F/A-18 Hornet fleets of different international clients. Our technical expertise also includes the repair and overhaul of aircraft components, first and third line aircraft maintenance, the design and manufacture of aircraft parts for major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), and state-of-the-art technical publication solutions.
Choosing L-3 MAS, it’s being part of multidisciplinary work teams, it’s joining one of the major in-service support providers for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and it’s being part of an organization whose values – integrity, passion, respect, and balance – are at the heart of our daily actions. Join us to “Taking It Further”.
L-3 MAS subscribes to the principle of employment equity and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities, who are qualified, to apply.
Reporting to the Technical Publications Supervisor, the Technical Writer is responsible to research, write, revise and update technical publications for various in service support contracts.
* Conduct research necessary to produce comprehensive technical publications.
* Apply expertise to interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and define requirements.
* Derive new procedures to incorporate aircraft modifications, as well as define appropriate supporting illustrations.
* Co-ordinate the preparation and the validation of texts, as well as other technical information documents related to customer requirements.
* Perform validation/verification (val/ver) on aircraft if required.
* Provide support to Customer in effectively using the IETP if required.
* Raise technical problems (TPs).
* Collaborates with the technical publications team, Tech Pubs System Developer, Illustrator, Multi-Media Designer, Editor and Translators to enable the completeness of the work task and the necessary update to the Technical Publication(s).
* Verifies and checks the preparation of illustrations, photographs, diagrams, as necessary.
* Supports the Technical Publications Supervisor by providing writing effort estimates for Customer approval.
* Provide inputs to continuous improvement.
* Provide status reports to the Technical Publications Supervisor on assigned tasks.
* Diploma or certificate in technical communications or equivalent;
* Experience in aeronautics (avionics, engines);
* Must be master of the English language and be able to produce high quality reports and documentation in English;
* Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and documents;
* Must have in-depth knowledge of C/AG-006, ATA-2200 & S1000D International Specification for technical publications;
* Must have in-depth knowledge of SGML, XML and Simplified English;
* Must have in-depth knowledge of Arbortext Epic Editor for creation of documents in SGML or XML;
* Knowledge of Office applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
* Medical requirement: Normal colour vision.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 MAS