7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54105BR Date posted 09/21/City Hood River
Cloud Cap Technology’s Piccolo autopilots provide a complete integrated avionics solution that includes the flight control processor, inertial sensors, ported air data sensors, GPS receiver and datalink radio. With over almost 20 years in the field the Piccolo Autopilot has become the UAS industry standard flight management system. The Piccolo adds functionality and flexibility for advanced UAS applications. Proven in the harshest environments our payloads have flown hundreds of thousands of hours of unmanned in theater military operations, public safety missions and commercial surveillance projects.
The Technical Writer position is responsible for developing and maintaining technical documentation for the Piccolo and TASE product lines while working as a member of a tightly integrated cross-functional team. Responsibilities include:
* Providing strategic direction for system, projects, and programs as they pertain to technical publications
* Contributing to company and industry by advancing the level of knowledge of technical publications
* Providing cross-functional guidance and expertise
* Being seen as a leading expert in their field
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
* Experience with Adobe Frame Maker
* Experience with Adobe PDF editor
* Experience with Adobe Photo shop
* Experience with Adobe Illustrator
* Experience with aviation documentation standards
* Experience with ISO or AS9100 doc standards
* Must be a US Citizen
Education: Typical Education: AA/AS degree w/15+, BA/BS degree w/10+ years of experience
Preferred Education: Any engineering or technical based education acceptable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.