3 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
A vacancy exists for Technical Writer
Aeronautics on the Engineering team at Air Canada, reporting to Manager
* Using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Writer, and/or existing technical publications systems ensure all aircraft, engine and component documentation and associated instructions are up to date and include all current information.
* Write technical procedures in a clear, concise and safe manner.
* Implement Air Canada approved changes to vendor publications.
* Interpret Air Canada Engineering Instructions and vendor Service Bulletins and update required publications as necessary.
* Maintain engineering off-wing specifications and related engine and component documents.
* Liaise with Engineering to ensure specification documents are revised per engineering requirements.
* Support the engineering team to ensure instructions meet all latest requirements.
* Participate in Team meetings.
* Diploma from a Transport Canada approved school and/or qualified mechanic.
* Experience in the aerospace industry a definite asset.
* Knowledge of gas turbine repair and overhaul and shop floor processes related to engine piece part repair is an asset.
* Ability to write clear, concise and safe instructions.
* Should be familiar with ATA iSpec 2200 standards and aircraft and engine manuals.
* High degree of proficiency in Windows based PC software (i.e. Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat, as a minimum).
* Experience with HTML/XML and SGML/document management systems a definite asset.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Capability to handle many projects simultaneously.
* Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
* Ability to develop more efficient authoring and publishing processes.
* Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
* Ability to work in a dynamic office environment as part of a team.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Aircraft Maintenance