9 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles) and Pittsburgh, and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Development, this position is responsible for the planning, development, organization, writing and editing of operational procedures and manuals. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy of the procedural documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Encourage a proactive safety culture through the assessment and enhancement of operational procedures
* Understand, demonstrate and role model Porter’s values, while ensuring a commitment to safety and promoting a world class working environment
* Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
* Research, develop and document operational policies and procedures
* Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
* Maintain a comprehensive library of operational documentation
* Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
* Manage updates and revisions to manuals and standard operating procedures
* Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
* Work in partnership with business units to standardize operational documentation and informational resources available to frontline team members for airport operations
* Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the procedural and documentation requirements
* Write easy-to-understand job aids, online help and procedural guides
* Develop Operations Bulletins for procedural changes as required
* Support Learning and Development activities as required
* Assist during IROPs and other operational difficulties as required
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* ?Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* ?Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Knowledge of Airport Operations is an asset
* Previous experience working in a technical writing position is an asset
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
* High proficiency using Microsoft Office
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at the same time
* Highly motivated and self-directed with a keen attention to detail
* Ability to adapt quickly to new situations, problem solve and affect positive change in a fast paced, dynamic environment
* Flexibility and availability to work varied hours, including weekends as required
* Able to hold a valid Passport (required for travel)
* Able to hold a valid Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) is an asset
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
* Post Date September 7, 2017
* Reference ID 73-91-26