2 months ago
KBRwyle is seeking a full-time Product Developer /Technical Writer to support NATOPS and NATIP tasking for PMA 266, 262, and 263. The product developer serves as liaison between the Airworthiness Office, Class Desk, and Model Manager and has the responsibility for exercising the process for NATOPS and NATIP development, changes, updates and reviews. The product developer must be intimately familiar with AIR 4.0P processes and requirements, as well as the content of the assigned publications and any pending changes. The technical writer conducts research from source material, meetings, emails, personal observation, and other research, and distills the technical information into easily understandable language. They are responsible for the development of NATOPS and NATIP products, in the form of system descriptions of hardware, functional descriptions of software, normal operating procedures, and emergency procedures, while following grammar and format of the navy technical requirements manual, MIL-DTL-85025B. Both skill sets require the ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the subject matter verbally and in written format.
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate and manage the gray space between disparate groups.
- Confer with customers, contractors, engineers, and operators to establish technical specifications and to determine scope and breadth publication development effort.
- Have knowledge of AIR 4.0P processes to facilitate NATOPS/NATIP products through the technical review process.
- Have familiarity with Arbortext and Quicksilver software and NATOPS and NATIP publishing requirements.
- Manage a wide array of files and maintain traceability using ‘best practices’ of configuration management.
- Perform research using source material, drawings, specifications, and diagrams to become knowledgeable with product systems and capabilities.
- Distill technical information into easily understandable descriptions and procedures.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments with clarity, correct terminology, and grammar in accordance with the mandated standards and styles.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, along with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience as AIR 4.0P product developer, or NATOPS or NATIP technical writing. Five (5) additional years of professional work experience is required in lieu of a degree. Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Adobe Pro. Naval aviator experience is desired. The position will allow various combinations ofeducation and experience using a 1 year of education for 1 year of experience substitution.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Familiarity with Arbortext and Quicksilver desktop publishing, and NAVAIR Airworthiness and e.POWER websites and processes is highly desired. The successful candidate must be able to interface with the customer, contractors, flight testers, engineers, and fleet users to define technical information requirements. Familiarity with NATOPS and NATIP series publications and processes, developing publications, managing configuration, and facilitating NATOPS Reviews is required. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and a persistent problem solver.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.