6 months ago
*** 2nd Shift Opening ***
* Selects, prepares and mixes solutions or coatings according to formulas and specifications
* Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
* Prepares and masks parts with fixtures, rubber, and tape prior to coating.
* Sets up and operates various types spray systems to apply substances to parts.
* Sets bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and records time on process charts.
* Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts.
* Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance prior to and after applying coating.
* Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
* Self starter who does not need constant monitoring.
* Motivated and working as a team is critical.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.