Installs, configures, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains personal computers, printers, barcode readers, local area networks (LANs), VOIP and related software and hardware to keep new and existing systems operational. Provides technical assistance to system users.
* Receives and installs PC hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives, etc.
* Loads specified PC software packages, such as operating systems, word processing and spreadsheet applications, etc. in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Performs advanced troubleshooting in person and via telephone concerning PC operation; diagnoses system hardware, software and computer problems based on knowledge of system operations; installs, troubleshoots and coordinates repairs of barcode readers.
* Coordinates the repairs to any personal computer and/or peripherals with major manufacturers/suppliers ensuring warranty provisions apply.
* Dismantles hardware hook-ups, moves hardware to new locations and reconnects hardware to newly installed cabling.
* Maintains and administers the telecommunications systems,(VOIP); oversees installation of systems, including equipment and cabling.
* Responsible for telecommunications equipment and network services needed to satisfy business requirements for video conferencing.
* Diagnoses and locates equipment faults and adjusts, replaces or repairs telecommunications equipment.
* Provides on-going evaluation of system performance on local area network and telecommunication systems and offers recommendations for changes and/or enhancements.
* Responsible for the daily operation and function of local/wide area network operations such as setting up new users, installation of hardware, diagnosing and resolving hardware and software problems, ensuring proper file server operation and file backup.
* Maintains a personal computer inventory database and telephone equipment database to ensure all personal computer and telephone resources are accounted for; maintains a software library of all SBU-owned personal computer-based software, ensuring compliance with all software licenses and copyright laws.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out special projects as assigned.
* Familiar with basic computer hardware/software, servers, network equipment
* Knowledge of SCCM, Imaging PC’s, and SQL programming
* Good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, push, pull, crouch, crawl and/or climb for prolonged periods.
* High School diploma
* Must be available to cover off shift hours for occasional issues like power outages, down servers, etc.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.